sT. CROIX CENTRAL SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM
St. Croix Central Summer School provides opportunities for enrichment, enjoyment, recreation, and improvement for every child. Starting this year, both academic and activity-based courses will be offered during our morning session. With the new set-up, all June academic classes will have a specific focus on either Math or English (reading and writing). These classes will be by teacher-invitation only.
The schedule for the 2019 Summer School Program will be as follows:
- June Session: June 10-14, 17-21, 24-28 (8:30-11:45 a.m.) - registration link below
- Swimming Lessons: July 22-26, July 29-Aug 2 (8:30-11:30 a.m.) - registration link below
- August Interventions - Invite Only: August 5-8, 12-15 (8:30-11:45 a.m.)
Recommended Student Supply List for the June Summer School session:
- Pencil box with pencils, crayons, glue, scissors, and any other basic supplies they might want
- Water bottle
- Daily snack(s)
- Sunscreen should be applied at home if necessary
Click HERE for the 2019 Summer School Calendar
Click HERE for the Busing Schedule (June Session and July Swimming Lessons)
**Please be 5-10 minutes early for the bus. If you are not on time, you will need to provide alternative transportation.
Click HERE for more information on our Kids CARE program (offered at the ES)
**Kids CARE will be offered before and after all summer school classes!
Information is for the grade level your child(ren) will be enrolled in for the 2019-2020 school year.
- Kindergarten Letter: Parent letter regarding Summer School for children entering Kindergarten
- Grades 1-8 Information Letter: This parent letter is an overview of Summer School for children entering first through eighth grade
- Grades 1-8 Course Descriptions: This is a document with brief descriptions of each "exploring class" offered this summer
- Grades 1-8 'Classes at a Glance': This is a condensed form showing class schedules and time slots for each building
- NOTE: We just confirmed staffing for an additional section of "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" at the Middle School - great news! It will run from 6:30-8:00 a.m. each summer school day in June.
- May Parent Reminder Letter: This letter has a few reminders as Summer School draws near.
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION:
Please use the grade level your child will be enrolled in for the 2019-2020 school year.
Step 1: TRANSPORTATION FORM
This must be completed separately for each child (used to properly monitor transportation safety). Due to staffing, students cannot be dropped of earlier than 8:00 a.m. or picked up later than 11:45 a.m. Children arriving before 8:00 or not picked up by 11:45 will be placed in Central Kids CARE (the before and after school care site) and will be a charged a fee.
Step 2: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (Summer School is on the far right)
*Registration closed on April 18th
Swimming Lessons Information: July 2019
Registration opens March 20th. The online form due date is Friday, May 24th.
- Swimming Lessons General Information: Parent letter regarding swimming lessons
- Swimming Lessons Registration Form: This is the form that is required for swimming lesson registration (please fill out the form separately for each child).
Class Times (at The Klaas-Jonas Community Pool in Ellsworth)-
- Session 1: 9:00 - 9:30
- Session 2: 9:40 - 10:10
- Session 3: 10:20 - 10:50
Click HERE if you have questions on your child's swimming lesson level (the Klaas-Jonas Pool’s website - scroll down to the “Swimming Lesson Levels” section).
Students may bring a snack. It must be in a clearly marked bag/container. It will be stored in a communal area.
- Street shoes/tennis shoes (must be worn if students are busing, no sandals/flip-flops allowed in the play areas)
- Bathing suit under his/her clothing
If you need additional assistance, please contact either of our Summer School Coordinators:
Lindsay Jacobs at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 715-749-3119
Chance Langeness at email@example.com, or by phone at 715-796-2256
Some messages may be filtered into our spam folders. Please write SCC Summer School in the subject line.