Summer school registration, originally scheduled to begin Monday March 16th at 9:00am, will be postponed at this time. We plan to open registration when students return to school. As that date nears, there will be an additional email sent informing families of the new registration date.
Thank you for your understanding,
Summer School Directors
sT. CROIX CENTRAL SUMMER SCHOOL PROGRAM
St. Croix Central Summer School provides opportunities for enrichment, enjoyment, recreation, and improvement for every child. Similar to last year, we again will be offering both academic and activity-based courses during our June session. All June academic classes will have a specific focus on either Math or Reading, and will be by teacher-invitation only.
The schedule for the 2020 Summer School Program will be as follows:
- June Session: June 8-12, 15-19, 22-26 (8:30-11:45 a.m.)
- Swimming Lessons: July 20-24, July 27-31 (9:00-11:00 a.m.)
- August Interventions - Invite Only: August 3-6, 10-13 (8:30-11:45 a.m.)
Recommended Student Supply List for the June Summer School session:
- Pencil box with pencils, crayons, glue, scissors, and any other basic supplies they might want
- Water bottle
- Daily snack(s)
- Sunscreen should be applied at home if necessary
Click HERE for the 2020 Summer School Calendar
Click HERE for the Busing Schedule (June Session and July Swimming Lessons)
**Please be 5-10 minutes early for the bus. If you are not on time, you will need to provide alternative transportation.
Click HERE for more information on our Kids CARE program (offered at the ES)
**Kids CARE is available for students Kindergarten through 6th grade (based on 2020-2021 school year). Kids CARE is offered before and after all summer school classes. There will be an Open House/Registration Night: currently scheduled for April 16th from 4:00-7:00pm
Click HERE for more information on the YMCA summer programs being offered at the MS. Click HERE to sign your MS student up for this program (YMCA release form linked HERE)
Information is for the grade level your child(ren) will be enrolled in for the 2020-2021 school year.
- Kindergarten Letter: Parent letter regarding Summer School for children entering Kindergarten
- Grades 1-8 Information Letter: This parent letter is an overview of Summer School for children entering first through eighth grade
- Grades 1-8 Course Descriptions: This is a document with brief descriptions of each "exploring class" offered this summer
- Grades 1-8 'Class Schedule': This is a condensed form showing class schedules and time slots for each building
- NOTE: We will again offer a section of "Bigger, Faster, Stronger" at the Middle School from 6:30-8:00 a.m. each morning in June.
- May Parent Reminder Letter: This letter has a few reminders as Summer School draws near.
SUMMER SCHOOL REGISTRATION
Please use the grade level your child will be enrolled in for the 2020-2021 school year.
Step 1: TRANSPORTATION FORM
This must be completed separately for each child (used to properly monitor transportation safety). Due to staffing, students cannot be dropped of earlier than 8:00 a.m. or picked up later than 11:45 a.m. Children arriving before 8:00 or not picked up by 11:45 will be placed in Central Kids CARE (the before and after school care site) and will be a charged a fee.
Step 2: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER (Summer School is on the far right)
Swimming Lessons Information: July 2020
Registration opens (tbd). The online form due date is Friday, May 29th.
- Swimming Lessons General Information: Parent letter regarding swimming lessons
- Swimming Lessons Registration Form: This is the form that is required for swimming lesson registration (please fill out the form separately for each child).
Class Times (at The Klaas-Jonas Community Pool in Ellsworth)-
- Session 1: 9:00 - 9:30
- Session 2: 9:40 - 10:10
- Session 3: 10:20 - 10:50
Click HERE if you have questions on your child's swimming lesson level (the Klaas-Jonas Pool’s website - scroll down to the “Swimming Lesson Levels” section).
Swimming Lessons Busing Schedule
Students may bring a snack. It must be in a clearly marked bag/container. It will be stored in a communal area.
- Street shoes/tennis shoes (must be worn if students are busing, no sandals/flip-flops allowed in the play areas)
- Bathing suit under his/her clothing
If you need additional assistance, please contact either of our Summer School Directors:
Lindsay Jacobs at email@example.com, or by phone at 715-749-3119
Chance Langeness at firstname.lastname@example.org, or by phone at 715-796-2256
Some messages may be filtered into our spam folders. Please write SCC Summer School in the subject line.