Policy Number: 110
Title: District Vision, Mission, Beliefs and Guiding Principles
Vision Statement: Be a district respected by others as a model of excellence in student achievement.
Mission Statement: To prepare our students with exceptional character, knowledge and skills to thrive in
their changing world
We Believe that:
- We must develop the whole child.
- Teaching and learning must be exciting.
- All students can learn at high levels. (Rigor)
- Students are engaged when learning is made relevant to them. (Relevance)
- Students learn best in a safe and caring environment. (Relationships)
- We must accommodate individual learning styles.
- All students benefit from the use of developmentally appropriate materials, practices, and strategies.
- The use of data, evaluation and accountability are critical in making continuous improvement.
Therefore, the St. Croix Central School District will be guided by the following principles.
- We will insist on the highest expectations of achievement for each student.
- We will equip students with the skills they need in order for each student to excel in the global community and to become responsible world citizens.
- We will continually improve our school district through the use of high capacity professional learning communities.
- We will be disciplined in the use of research-based, data-driven, best instructional practices.
- We will maintain and develop appropriate learning environments.
- We will move with a sense of great urgency to continually improve our processes because each student deserves the full benefit of our best practices.
Policy Adopted: April 19, 2010
Policy Revised: February 18, 2013
Policy Revised: March 17, 2014
Policy Revised: January 5, 2015